The Little Chute Powerhouse was constructed in 1948. Since the original construction, no major structural repairs have been required.
The Little Chute Powerhouse is located about 12.2 miles downstream from Lake Winnebago on the Fox River and within the Village of Combined Locks.
The powerhouse utilizes head created by the Little Chute Dam which is owned, operated and maintained by the Corps of Engineers.
The reinforced concrete substructure of the powerhouse is approximately 29 feet deep by 121 feet long. The brick superstructure houses three turbine-generator sets. The powerhouse structure consists of an integral intake, turbine pit, draft tubes and tailrace, and contains three vertical shaft propeller-type turbine generating units.