CLICK HERE for
Tree Power! Cash Rebate
Did you know that trees can save you energy and money?
Besides beautifying the landscape, preventing soil erosion, and reducing noise, strategically planted trees can also save money and energy in heating and cooling. Shade trees on the south and west sides of a home can reduce air conditioning costs in the summer, while allowing the warming sunlight through when leaves are gone in the winter.
We want to help more people in our community enjoy the benefits of shade trees. For a limited time, Kaukauna Utilities is offering a cash rebate when you purchase and plant a deciduous tree. For each qualifying tree planted, you are eligible to receive 50% of the cost of the tree, up to a maximum of $50 per tree. There is a limit of three rebates per account/household.
In order to be eligible for the rebate(s), the following criteria must be met:
Kaukauna Utilities strongly recommends that customers contact Diggers Hotline prior to planting the tree. Diggers Hotline will locate all utilities so the tree can be safely planted. There is no charge for this service. The Diggers Hotline number is (800) 242-8511.
- The tree must be deciduous.
- Evergreens are not eligible.
- The tree must be nursery grade stock.
- The tree must have a calipher (diameter) of at least 1 1/4" at the time of planting.
- The tree must be planted on the west or south side of the building, or provide significant shading of an air conditioning unit.
- The tree must have the potential to attain a height of at least 25' when mature.
- The tree must not be planted near overhead or underground utility lines. It is recommended that shade trees be planted approximately 25 to 35 feet away from the area to be shaded.
After the tree has been purchased and planted, simply provide us with a copy of the sales receipt for the purchase of the tree along with the application form.
Please mail completed application form and copy of receipt to:
PO Box 1777
Kaukauna, WI 54130
or hand deliver to our front office at:
777 Island St.